Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Can Surrender All By Myself!


I was recently asked to lead a small group for a church-wide campaign. Excited by the group of people who asked me to lead, I agreed and then went in to pick up a copy of the curriculum.

Crud! It was on surrender. God is a comedian. He had to be ROFL.

I’m pretty good on my own. Far from perfect, and always flawed beyond my expectations, I, nonetheless think I can make it on my talent and skill alone (because, of course, I think I have enough to accomplish the task)

I find its easy to surrender many things to God. Mostly, the things I suck at. Other things, the things I’m pretty good at... not so much.

As a songwriter, I should know by now. Artists don’t cut pretty good songs. (unless of course they write their own stuff.)

No comments: