Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Accountable? Who Me?

I have this habit of hanging out on theology boards and acting like the cantankerous kid in the back who shoots spit-wads at unsuspecting souls. I’m sure its a sign of my destitute old-self lurking in the dark places of my heart, waiting to show his head when I least expect it... like my spit-wads.

I like to play the underdog position whenever I smell a wolf-pack. I’m not always right in doing so, and many times I should just let the herd feed. But sometime I get sucked in and volley a chunk of impala back and forth.

I make it a practice to always sign into these boards with my real name. It tends to keep me honest and upright, and cautiously reserved. But it doesn’t always work. Beyond my integrity, I find that I naturally prefer to be right at all costs, and make a total fool of myself in doing so.

A couple of days ago, in my haste I mis-read part of a post and completely skipped the rest as I couldn’t hit ‘reply’ fast enough. As a result I managed to insult the poster, and generally come off as an idiot.. and was accused, rightly of being one by means of a synonym. I reacted with my usual grace and shot back... only to realize, after re-reading the post and conversing with the writer, that I am, in fact, an idiot. Guilty as charged.

Humble pie is nasty stuff. I can only pray it puts hair on the chest.

Tim

I Need You

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tastes like chicken...