Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ball Park (continued)

So.. okay. The motorcyclist was not hurt.. Well not seriously. He had a little blood showing on his ankle and he said he felt bruised on his right forearm.

Thing is, he clearly thought it was my friend’s fault, even though he was traveling between the traffic lane and a row of parked cars. (I understand this is legal in L.A.; But in the civilized motor vehicle world, its considered reckless driving.)

He insisted that we walk down the street to the police station to file a report. As we were talking, I saw an unmarked police car coming down the road, so I waved it down. Two detectives stopped and got out of the car and came over. Apparently we were outside their jurisdiction and they didn’t do accident reports, but they agreed to call for a squad car to come and file a report.

I couldn’t understand why the motor cycle guy wanted a police report, but then it became clear. He apparently thought it was my friend’s fault. He believed that my friend caused the accident. We were looking an hour before a cop could show up.. and the game started in T minus 9 minutes.

Good news.. once the detective on scene let the motor cycle guy know that he would be getting a ticket when the squad car arrived, he rethought his options and agreed to let the issue rest..

On to the game. Sox won over the Blue Jays, 6 to 5.

Great game.. with a story.. but wait until you hear what happened when I got back to the hotel.

No comments: